This User Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice” or “Notice”) was last updated on 4th April 2018. This Privacy Notice may vary from time to time so please check it regularly.
This Notice describes the types of information collected, how that information is used and disclosed, and how you can access, modify, or delete your information.
StarCity may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- Strictly Necessary: These cookies are necessary to operate our Online Services. They do not store any personally identifiable information. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but our Online Services will not work properly without these cookies.
- Performance-Related: These cookies collect information in an anonymous manner about how visitors use our Online Services and how our Online Services perform. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and help us understand which pages are the most popular and where visitors spend most of their time.
- Functional: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation, such as remembering choices you make or information you provide, what region you are in, your login information, or the pages you have viewed. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Advertising and Targeting: These cookies allow us and our advertisers to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and your interests. They may be used by us and our advertisers to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on other sites. These cookies may track whether you clicked on an advertisement in order to limit the number of times you see a particular advertisement and help us understand the efficacy of our advertising campaigns. They do not directly store personal information, but uniquely identify your browser and device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
We allow users to manage their cookie preferences on our website. Click "Cookie Settings" below to set your preferences.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.